Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Reading assignment: Journal #3 A Streetcar Name Desire-Justine

"A Street Car Named Desire" did not end very differently than I could have expected it to. All throughout the play, there were times where crazy drama popped out of
nowhere and surprised me as a reader. For instance, finding out Blanche did suffer from a mental illness did not shock me at all. From the beginning all the way to the end I knew Blanche has problems. Although the crazy ending of the play didn't exactly shock me, I was still very surprised that Stanley rapes Blanche. I was surprised because Stella is such a loving wife who stood by her husband. All of these issues that occurred leads me to believe the moral of the play is not always to trust those who you believe are trustworthy, because at any moment anyone can switch who they are.

1 comment:

  1. I defenitely agree with your opinion. Blanche from the beginning seemed to act in a different way, so to see her at the end to be carried away by a doctor didn't surprise me. I was also surprised at Stella's behavior towards her husband, and she seemed to permit almost everything he did to just go by.

    ReplyDelete