Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer Reading assignment: Journal #1 A Streetcar Name Desire-Justine

As I began reading "A Street Car Named Desire", I enjoyed the southern language because it explains the diversity we have here in America. So far, this play is very

interesting and has a lot of drama. For instance, when Blanche shows up at Stella's house uninvited. This occurrence shows Blanche may care for herself more than others. In addition this can mean that Blanche may have had a shaky past with her sister because of the way she arrived unexpected. I also believe this may be foreshadowing that Blanche will do something wrong further in the book.


Also, the more I read into Scene 2, the more I question who Blanche really is and her intentions. For example, the fact that Stanley has some sort of wall built up between him and Blanche, gives the assumption Blanche is a bad person. On page 87 Blanche says, "Hello Stanley, .... new human being.". I found this to be an odd statement and it sounds as if Blanche is trying to get Stanley's attention in a sexual way or even trying to poke fun at him. If this is true, this is not right considering her sister is Stanley's husband. All together, so far this play leaves my mind ready to find out what's going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment