Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer reading Assigment: Crime and Punishment Journal #3-- Justine

After finishing "Crime And Punishment", I am not very satisfied with the ending. With the suspenseful writing technique Dostoevsky uses I expected a jaw dropping

ending. The fact that Raskolnikov confess' about the murder completely takes away the mystery. It would have been better is instead of confessing about the crime, he actually got taken in by the cops by leaving some kind of evidence. A major characteristic Raskolnikov has is being nervous, but I never thought he'd read the climax of letting himself suffer. Im shocked.


I am also very upset that Raskolnikov fell in love with a prostitue. With the letters he recieved from his mother it seemed like she'd raised him better than falling in love with

a lady who has sex for money. The only part of the ending which I believed turned out interesting is that Dunya marries Razumikhin considering that is Raskolnikov's only friend left from college. All together the book didn't turn out to be as good as I expected it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment