Friday, August 28, 2009

Summer reading Assigment: A Streetcar Named Desire Journal #2--Claryliz

Still doubtful about Stanley, I came to respect his character. At first he seemed like he was just interested in making sure that his wife’s money was safe (he continuously mentioned the “Napoleonic code”). However, he was brave and smart enough to confront Blanche. While she is successfully manipulating her sister and making it seem like she did nothing to be ashamed of, Stanley tried to decipher her plans. I found myself apprehensive when he went to her clothes and showed his wife the reality. Oblivious to what her sister is really doing, Stella did not see what her husband tried to explain to her, which was obvious to Stanley. I liked that he took the situation into his hands to discover Blanche. However, this also brings the point about whether he had a right to that. Even though she did look like she was lying, does he have a right to just go into her personal items without permission? I raised this question and think that this is applied to many mundane situations if one comes to consider it.
I also wonder about Blanche’s peculiar behavior with Mitch as well as vice versa. Without knowledge about the ending, I expect some type of connection between the two. Was there some love involved between the two in the past? Did Blanche come to her sister’s house just because she lost her money in luxury, or did she come to find something else? Whatever it is I think Stanley will be able to discover the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment