Friday, August 17, 2007

Review of Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment was honestly the most thought provoking novel I haveever read, although a bit perplexing in terms of what exactly it was tryingto convey, since I felt their were multiple themes and different plots andit could possibly be the most enigmatic novel I have ever read, I willhonestly say this novel goes right on top with Catcher in the Rye as well asThe Raven. As odd as it may sound I could relate to our protagonist, hisideologies have base in my opinion, the way the characters all intertwined,were in my opinion perfection. Symbolism also played such a key role interms of why Rodion was the way he was, his mindset towards the human raceall could point to the environment in which he was surrounded, the lack offreedom, his leaving condition, perhaps he felt “cleansing” the world if youwould create the freedom and the clarity he wanted, but overall the novelwas powerful as well as enjoyable, very few times do you find both of theseattributes in one single novel.
posted by Oscar P.

No comments:

Post a Comment