Sunday, August 19, 2007

Can't Put it Down

I love this book. From the second I picked it up, I have as if I wereliving in Russia in the 1860s. I am completely engrossed in Crime andPunishment. I feel a real connection to Rodya. He is a typical manwith real problems, problems that affect people today, almost 150years later. I like how the book is written. The reader constantlyknows about Raskilnikov is thinking, how he is feeling, and what he isdoing. I especially like how you hear him reasoning with himself as ifyou could hear the angel and the devil. There are also parts in thebook where I feel that Rodya is going insane especially after hereceived that letter from his mother. "Anger boiled up in him more andmore, and he thought that if he met Mr. Luzhin right then, he mightkill him!" page 41. I'm definitely excited to continue reading.
Dylan P.

No comments:

Post a Comment