Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Adventure

Marlow’s journey is becoming more exciting to read each day. I can only imagine traveling two hundred miles with a caravan of sixty men. The constant adventure and occasional dashes of humor make this book fun to read. Kurtz remains a mystery to me and Marlow. The man is mysterious and seems to play and important role for Marlow. He has a quiet fascination with the man that seems to be the glue holding the company together. In the beginning the company seemed grandiose and extravagant, but now it seems to be in disrepair. If it takes three months to get rivets to repair a boat, there is something wrong. It seems that Marlow has got more than he bargained for. The once simple company job has turned into an adventure filled with danger and excitement.
Jack N.

1 comment:

  1. All this excitement surrounding Kurtz is sort of what lets me down in the book. For some reason I just don't understand what makes him so great. I wish the book did a better job of describing him. Even after reading the book he remains this mystical person to me. Maybe I just have to use my imagination.
    -Matt S.

    ReplyDelete