Friday, March 2, 2007

Huck's Character

The book at first was very confusing and boring for me. As I read on I learned more about Huck's character. I saw that he was very thoughtful, realistic, and skeptical towards established beliefs. For example, Huck's sense of logic and fairness makes him think that it is "right" to help Jim even though he is a runaway slave. I think that he is realistic because he is a young boy that learns from his past experiences and is also easily influenced by others. I think he reacts to situations with contemplation and his opinions are also very genuine. I am also very impressed with how intelligent Huck is. When he talks to strangers he is able to come up with very intelligent lies. His lies are very convincing and impressive. For example when Huck is pretending to be a girl the women finds out he is a boy; Huck is able to come up with another great lie. Huck is a very interesting character and I am very excited to see what kind of person he will become.
posted by Alberto A.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. His character gains a lot more depth as the story moves along. In the beginning of the story he almost seemed like an "empty" character, because of his actions. The change is visible though, especially when the King and the Duke come into it (because Huck begins questioning important issues and his own morals).

    ReplyDelete