Monday, February 26, 2007

Why I am Enjoying the Book

Reading up to the 20th chapter, I have had mixed feelings about this book. At first when I began reading the book, I did not like it because of the language. I felt I would have a hard time reading it and actually got frustrated because I usually don’t like reading those kinds of books. But my attitude towards the book changed once I got used to the language and I began to admire the way Mark Twain made the book feel so realistic. He wanted the reader to feel and imagine those times, when slavery still existed and children weren’t as educated as now and because of this I began to enjoy the book.
As you read further into the book it gets more interesting and you begin to realize why the book is called The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. It's unreal to believe how much Huck has gone through. His childhood will be one to remember. The only problem I have with the book is the way Jim speaks, but that makes the book even better. Jim is a runaway slave who meets up with Huck during the book. At times it is very hard to understand what Jim says, so it can take you awhile to read through what he says, but other then that I am enjoying the book very much. Mark Twain is very good with making up different sorts of situations that Huck gets into. His creativity keeps the reader guessing. I know it keeps me more interested.
Posted by Vadim S.

No comments:

Post a Comment