Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Huck's Innocence

So far from I've read I'm liking this book. I think Mark Twain has done a good job of making Huck a funny character. My favorite thing Huck has said so far is, "Then she told me all about the bad place, and I said I wished I was there. She got mad then, but I didn't mean no harm. All I wanted was to go somewheres; all I wanted was a change, I warn't particular...she was going to live so as to go to the good place. Well I couldn't see no advantage in going where she was going, so I made up my mind I wouldn't try for it." When I read this part it made me laugh because he's saying he'd rather go to hell than heaven because the widow is going there. This shows Huck's innocence and how he still doesn't know where he belongs in the world. This gives the readers a clue to Huck's journey throughout the book to find a place where he feels comfortable. I can't wait to find out where Huck ends up.
Grace O.

1 comment:

  1. I love what Grace had to say about Huck because I think the same thing. I do think that Huck has an immense innocence to him but on the flipside I also think that he has an uncanny intelligence to himself.

    ReplyDelete