Thursday, March 22, 2007

Letting Tom off Easy

Jim and Huck's reaction towards Tom when they found out that Tom had made up an adventure and created so much fuss over nothing was surprising. If I was in either Jim's or Huck's place, I wouldn’t let Tom get off so easy. Playing with people's lives is a serious thing and he made an adventure out of it. During the last chapter, it seems as if Tom is still proud of what he did and that shows that he didn’t learn anything. Huck usually comes up with brilliant plans and has no reason to believe that he is second to Tom. In the world of today there are book smarts and street smarts. Huck is street smart, while Tom is book smart. Tom lives in fiction, while Huck lies in reality. So Huck clearly has a better perspective on life and handling situations.
posted by Adnan J.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I agree with you. I wouldn't let Tom off the hook as easy. I would've get back at him by toying around with his life. I also agree that Huck has a better perspective on life. Tom is just book smart, he doesn't have as much experience as Huck.

    ReplyDelete