Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What a farfetched chapter!

For me, Chapter 29 was a really "crazy" one. It caught me by surprise. When the "supposedly" real William and Harvey Wilks arrived, I got excited because I thought that there was going to be another random conflict that was soon to sprout. However, when they arrived and Harvey announced that William is both deaf and has a broken arm, I just started laughing to myself, not because of his incapabilities, but because it was another unexpected thing that Twain wrote about. I was hoping that the Duke and the King were going to fight with the "real" Wilks brothers, but that would be kind of messed up if they hurt a deaf man with a broken arm, hahaha. When the lawyer asked William to sign the paper in order to compare the writing samples, I was thinking to myself "finally, the Duke and the King are about to be out of here", but then I remembered William was the one with the broken arm, so there goes that. This is when I began to think that these brothers were also frauds. But then I got excited again when Harvey told the undertaker that Peter had a tattoo on his chest because I knew only the real brother would know that, but then the undertaker surprised me once again when he revealed that there was no tattoo. When they get to the coffin, what do you know? The bag of gold, of course! Next second, they jet. And once again, the adventure continues….
-Posted by David S.

No comments:

Post a Comment