Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Critique

I personally did not like Huck Finn at all as a novel. I understand that Mark Twain had a certain way of writing in which he pointed out many faults in society by using satire. But I felt that it made it harder to comprehend than it had to be. Also, there was the fact that more than half the time I was trying to decipher my way through the troublesome dialect so I ended up missing main important elements of the story. I felt that the most disappointing thing about this novel was the ending, in which both Jim and Huck come to find out that they were free from all their troubles right from the beginning of their journey. I do realize that both characters grew in many different ways but it almost seemed worthless and for nothing when we come to learn that the journey itself was based on a fake truth. I will try reading another Mark Twain book because I don’t want to base a bad opinion of the author on just one book.
posted by Haramritjot S.

1 comment:

  1. "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" is another book I am planning on reading. I hope this one has a better conclusion.

    ReplyDelete