Thursday, March 15, 2007

What Adventures?

I can't say I love the ending to every book. However, this was a disappointment. Sure, Huck grew as a person....yada yada yada.... but he and Jim were technically free the whole time. What kind of adventures were going in a circle? He ended up in the same place as he started. I was disappointed because I expected a progressive ending. There wasn't much done for anyone in the book but running away from nothing. In a way I can see how Mark Twain made his ending clever. On the other hand, I felt like I read that book for nothing. It wasn't a total drag but it was disappointing.
posted by Katie M.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you when you say the ending of the book was a disappointed, but what I don't agree with is when you say he ended up at the same place he started in the beginning. During the book it said how Huck and Jim escaped out of society and had an adventure. Also Huck has grown as you get to the depth of book so that can also be an adventure as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, Katie. The ending disappointed me as well. I mean, what a cop out! When we read the ending in class, I just imagined Mark Twain back in 1880 trying to think of something to end the book with. He couldn't think of anything exciting so he just made Jim and Huck free! Ugh! What a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete