Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Less Ignorant, More Openminded and the Full Circle Involving Both

It's been a few weeks since my last blog post and I have to say that although the book has gotten more interesting, there is one thing that I do not like; I hate the excessive details the book has. It makes the book so boring that I have been stalling to read it. I hope that in the last chapters the book picks up speed and Twain stops with the details.

Second of all, I have noticed Huck's change tremendously in the last few chapters. I love the fact that Huck's character is becoming less ignorant and more openminded. It shows that not only is Huck maturing but he is also thinking ahead of his time. The biggest thing that sticks out to me as a reader is the fact that Huck stated that he was willing to risk his life to go and "steal Jim out of slavery." I think that that one statement made by Huck not only showed his intellect but it showed that Huck's character was coming full-circle. After this, I can't wait to see what else Huck is going to do.

posted by Julissa P.

No comments:

Post a Comment