Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sky's journal #2: Crime and Punishment

Journal #2 Raskolnikov murdered the pawnbroker and the pawnbroker’s sister. The Funny thing is the reasons or motives for murder are not known at first. I see the author building suspense to the murder. We hear the murders thoughts the preparation, is disturbing to hear. In chapter five we see a little bit of foreshadowing when he recalls a childhood incident we see out murder emotions left quite ambivalent. He was trying to fight off the innocence of childhood memories and the gruesome thought of murdering old women. Might I add still no motive has made itself clear the suspense is clearly building and I as I read a million questions are scrambling in my head. The big one is simply WHY? He kills the pawnbroker in my opinion mainly because the man is insane, he thinks he is a tool of fate and it’s his destiny to kill her. I predict that most of the book is Raskolnikov trying to convince himself that was he did was just and guilt eating him alive. Nothing around him is forcing him to commit this crime, I can’t wrap my head around that I can’t understand why he would want to kill this poor lady the only reason I came up with was he’s crazy. Especially the fact that he kills her with an axe, that shows a lot about how much he’s involved with actual murder, the blood the scene the guts. When he killed her sister that was a much more selfish act not him being an instrument of fate and destiny that was a murder killing the only witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment