Friday, August 27, 2010

Kristina's comments:

(To frances - street car named desire..)

Okay Franny !

I agree with almost everything you say except the fact that you don't like Blanche ! How could you not? she is who makes this play ! I do however 100% agree with your classification of Stanley =) I hate him as well (due to his womanizing ways)!! I also think it would be a great movie to see just so we could juxtapose the two. The most interesting part of your journals for me was when you analyze how it was all stanley's fault that her and Mitch ended. I also feel that he could of been her "savior" (per say).

(To gabe : street car named desire)

I found it really interesting how many connections you made to other pieces of literature we have read. I never even thought to make the connection between Stella’s ostracize of Stanley’s alcohol problem and Linda in A Death of a Salesman. I find that by reading your journals i got a better outlook on how to connect different literary pieces with one another. I also noticed that we had alot of things in common when it came to characterizing the characters.

(To Lenny: street car named desire)

Lenny!!

I found out that you and I my friend had alot of similar predictions while reading this amazing book! For example how her and Mitch would not last because of Blanche's web of lies. I also completely agree with your statement int Journal #3 :"This book was great, although the ending was rather predictable. I felt bad for Blanche; after Stella left, she lost everything. She couldn't handle being alone so she looked for comfort from strangers and children." This qoute in itself sounds exactly like what i was trying to verbalize in my journals. I must say though that although it was a predictable ending, throughout the book i had hope for Blanche and really wanted things to turn around for the better.

(To rey- street car named desire)
Rey,
i found your first journal to be very interesting ! lol just being on the blurb and art of the cover (bold move my friend) lol. (Okay back to proper writing). I also completely agreed with your relation to Blanche YOU ARE HER MY FRIEND ! But seriously i liked your analysis on Blanche more than anyone else's because you didn't judge her for her past mistakes. (I also made a connection with the Mexican lady selling the flower's, but i said it signified the end of her lies not sanity ? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment