Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Liane's Entry on Part III of Heart of Darkness

I think that part 3 was way better than the rest of the book. It was still hard to understand but I liked it way better.

I think it was really sad that Kurtz died he suffered for a very long time. I did feel like it was about time though because he was sick throughout his whole journey. I felt that it was ironic that he kept going on more journeys in the Congo to get ivory while he was sick. To me his drive for ivory was his down fall in the end.

It was ironic that Marlow felt that he needed to be loyal to Kurtz after he died. He doesn’t really know him but he is keeping the detail of Kurtz journeys to himself. He keeps a big stack of Kurtz documents and gives them to people that would associated with him.

The ending was a bit weird for me but over all I guess the book was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment