Friday, October 3, 2008

Katie's Entry on Part I of Heart of Darkness

So far this book is boring. I find myself having trouble concentrating on what’s going on and staying awake. Since I had done prior research on Conrad before reading Heart of Darkness I am confident that this story could be based on a real life experience Conrad had as a sailor. There is a lot of imagery so far which is kind of annoying because it has a little bit too much detail. This part gave me the impression that Conrad is against imperialism and feel that the Europeans didn’t more harm than good on peoples lives. My favorite part of imagery in part one is on page 67, it says “the sun set; the dusk fell on the stream, and lights begin to appear along the shore.” I liked this part a lot because it reminded me of a sun set I saw form my uncles boat when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment