Monday, August 29, 2011

Zanovia Pierce --Crime and Punishment 1

Journal Entry #1:
Right away I would like to say the title and cover of the book gave off a very dark vibe to it. As I begin to read Crime & Punishment I shudder at the feeling the main character Raskolnikov, gives me. When Raskolnikov is introduced he is leaving his apartment passing his landlady's house on the way. As he shuffles out he is afraid to come face to face with her because he is several months behind on the rent. When he finally makes it outside he seems to be in deep thought about doing something. He is very detached from the outside world. Thinking to himself about this action he's going to take, makes a point of being afraid of meeting face to face with my landlady and since that was so he questioned himself on how he was supposed to pull off the task he had in mind. I'm curious as to what this thought is and why he is thinking it. The way he thinks in the book makes me wonder how stable his mentality is.

No comments:

Post a Comment