Monday, August 29, 2011

Rabiya Ahmed Streetcar Named Desire

After reading scenes five through six I was completely drawn into "A Streetcar Named desire". It is revealed that Blanche is a flirtatious character even though she is in a serious relationship with Mitch. Blanche and Mitch seem like a very boring couple from what I've observed from their date. Although they both have lost a person they loved very dearly and somehow give each other the comfort they need, I don't think their relationship will last. When I read about how Blanche's lover died I was completely shocked. I didn't think her lover would have been in bed with another man.
I guess Stanley was right about being suspicious of Blanche's intentions of visiting her sister. My opinion on Blanche has changed drastically from the beginning of the story. I find that I cannot empathize with her after learning about her affairs in Laurel. I like that as Stanley tells Stella all this, Blanche is singing "It's only a paper moon". With the song in the background it makes the scene more dramatic and intense as Stella finds out her sister has been lying and keeping secrets from her.

--
The Glass is stained with tiny water droplets that have a mind of its own. They slowly slide down the window and collide with each other… like destined lovers

1 comment:

  1. When i was reading these scenes i felt like Mitch and Blanche's relationship was fake because the love they had for each other came from the fact that they were very similar. They needed comfort from one another and that is why they "fell in love". But in a way i thought maybe people can fall in love that way.

    ReplyDelete