Saturday, May 12, 2007

What I Liked Most in Fitzgerald's Writing

An excellent book, The Great Gatsby shows the reader the way of life in the 1920's, and describes the setting in an amusing way, letting the reader see what is going on at that time of Americam Dream. Fitzgerald was very clever with symbolism in the story; it makes the story more rich and interesting. The eyes of TJ Eckelberg on the billboard were the best way to reiterate that no one can do anything without being observed! But if I had to choose what I most liked in Fitzgerald's writing, I would say the changes of the points of view. It is a great way to show the reader that he can trust the narrator, that he is telling the truth-- otherwise it wouldn't have other narrators. It also allows the readers to understand past relationships between characters. Although I really loved the way Gatsby loves Daisy, it really got me upset about Gatsby being murdered. It was an unnecessary way of ending the novel. But it is a book that you can not let go until you have read it all.
posted by by Isadora R

No comments:

Post a Comment