Thursday, May 10, 2007

review of The Great Gatsby

In my opinion The Great Gatsby was an interesting book. It was very entertaining and fun to follow. It had a lot of suspense that kept me wanting to read and finish a chapter once I began it. The author used many literary elements throughout the book. The imagery he used was creative and the structure of the book was different in that he changed narrators which I liked. I did find the book a bit short and wondered why he didn't make it longer, but I later thought that the book had so much suspense that holding off the reader too long might make them a little too anxious and not want to finish the book. It's a good book to recommended to someone who is looking for an interesting book with mystery, suspense, lies, and love who doesn't want to read a lengthy novel. Its a great book for classroom and book club discussions. There are so many things that can be discussed that reading it with a large group of people would be very fun. I was upset toward the end of the book because I wanted to know more about Gatsby. I wanted the book to go into his mind and let the reader discover more about his own personal experiences in the past with Daisy and how he grew up. I think the author could have written a bit more to include these details because after all the book is titled after his name.
posted by Candace M.

No comments:

Post a Comment