Friday, May 11, 2007

Suspense

The Great Gatsby was one of the most interesting books I have read in my life. The way the author uses suspense in the novel makes the reader addicted to wanting to read more and more. Whenever they would get to the main point they would always eliminate the conclusion and it used to get me nervous and it used to also get my brain to work, thinking about what might be the part that's missing. I liked the whole thing Gatsby had for Daisy. It is romantic when he actually confronts Tom about the love he had for her. When Daisy ran over Myrtle with Tom's car was it was very ironic; that would have never come to my head. The part that I hated from the book was when Mr. Wilson shoots Gatsby. I didn't find any point to that. Although Wilson was told that Gatsby was the one who killed his wife, he didn't have any right to go and shoot him because he didn't have any proof.
Posted by Brisilda G.

No comments:

Post a Comment