Friday, December 15, 2006

My Favorite Quote

I like the quote "you don’t scare me" by Lily on page 38, because it showed that she was sticking up for herself to T-ray. I know she always wanted to. I also liked it because I was really shocked. In my head I thought, “wow!” I think Rosaleen was right for spitting at the policeman because he disrespected her, but back then it didn't matter. I felt bad that they hit her in the head with the flashlight. I think that August will be the mother figure to Lily because she doesn't have one; I would really want that for Lily because she is missing a part of herself not having that figure in her life, so it would make me happy if August takes her as her own daughter. The Secret Life of Bees is so far so good. I like it so far and hopefully I will like the ending. I think Lily made a good decision running away although I wouldn't encourage anybody to do it. T-ray was such a negative person towards her, always hitting her for no reason, which is not cool.
*By: Aster B.*

5 comments:

  1. I really liked when lily said "you don't scare me" to T-ray it surprised me as well, when we first started reading the novel I wasn't really into it, but as we got farther into the book it started to keep me interested.
    I'm really interested to see what is going to happen with zach and lily.....
    -michaela T

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also like that scene where Lily is defending herself. After she says, "You don't scare me", she says, "Try and hit me." This scene shows how bold she can truly be. Lily defending herself was a turning point in the book. This is because she decided to change the ordinary and not let T. Ray control her negatively. I look forward to the rest of the book. Ive enjoyed it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I as well as u like that scene and that part of the book. It shows how brave Lily really is. In that point of the book lily was showing that she was not scared of her father hitting her she proved to him that she couldn't be hurt by T-Ray any more. this was the start of her rebellion and one of the many reasons for her to run away.
    Jose S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like that quote as well. It really shows that Lily is trying to show T.Ray she is not scared of him, when deep inside she really is. I bet T.Ray must have felt baad after he tried to hit her and she moved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like that quote as well, it shows that Lily is trying to show T.Ray that she is not scared f him when she really is. I bet T.Ray must have felt bad when he tried to hit her but he missed.

    Yaribeth V.

    ReplyDelete