Monday, July 18, 2011

I am really starting to enjoy this book. Blanche seems to be a very dynamic character. Though I don't understand her completely yet, I am noticing more things about her. She seems to be quite a flirt. At first she seemed to be flirting with Stanley as well as the young man that came to the door. But overall, she went on a date with Mitch and seems smitten by him. I feel Blanche and Mitch would be a good match, but I feel there is more to learn about both of the characters. Also, my opinion on Stanley is changing a great deal. At first, I thought he was a hard-working, decent man. But now I see that he is physically abusive towards Stella. I do not think their relationship will last. Though she forgave him, I have a feeling he will try to hurt her again. I am very interested to see how the story turns out.

- Rafaella Gunz

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your initial interpretation of the cover! When I personally think of Stanley, I imagine a grotesque, animal like, common individual, not a muscular, clean cut, poised man. I also agree with your thought on how the death of Blanche's husband scarred her emotionally for life.

    - Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i first started reading the book, i really liked Stanley because, like you said, he seemed like a hardworking man and a good husband, however now i'm not so sure,because of how mean he is to Blanche and how bad he treats his wife; however i'm not going to judge him right away, their must be a reason to why Stella married him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree. Stanley seemed like he had his head on straight and was a very devoted husband to Stella, but my opinion completely changed when he acted out and hurt her. I also agree Blanche is a very afflicted character due to her past and her and Mitch seem to have a lot in common in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, I thought Stanley was alright at first as well. A really happy-go-lucky man that just liked to hang out with his friends. However, my opinion of him changed after he hit Stella as well. Not only is my opinion about Stanley different, but about Stella too for taking him in afterward. I also vote for the Blanche x Mitch pairing! They just seem really sweet together, and so far,Blanche is my favorite character. (-:

    ReplyDelete