Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Favorite Quote

My favorite quote has to be: "The four of them lined up beside us, clutching their pocketbooks up against their bodies like they might have to use them to beat the living hell out of somebody. I wondered how we must look to him." While I was reading, I imagined the Daughters of Mary were about to take on this very angry man and I thought the situation would have been funny if they did happen to jump on him and sock him good. I also liked this quote because it showed that the Daughters really cared about Lily.
Posted by Eva S.

1 comment:

  1. This quote inspires me because it shows the power that can come from togetherness and pride. None of the Daughters of Mary would have been able to stand up to T. Ray alone, but together, they can save Lily. Lily has gone from having no mother to having seven or eight!

    ReplyDelete