Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Live Life to the Fullest

My favorite part of the book so far is in May's suicide note when she tells both her sisters August and June to live their lives and not to let her death stop them from living their lives to the fullest. I agree with May 100% because you never know what can happen to you or anything around you so everyone just has to live day to day and most of all to the fullest. Now that May has died June has now had the strength to get married.

My favorite character would have to be August because she has made some good decisions towards Lily and her family. As I read I feel that August has really built up feelings for Lily and now has warmed up to certain things.

When I first started reading the book, I wasn't so into it, but as time passed by I started getting really into to it and was shocked by a few things, like Lily killing her mother and Lily's mother not really wanting to marry T-Ray. Little things like that shocked me. But all in all I like the book now.

posted by Samantha R.

1 comment:

  1. I think that August has cared for Lily all along. When Lily arrived at the pink house, August recognized who she was immediately; she loved Lily because she had loved Deborah. It must have seemed like a sort of miracle to August that Lily happened to find her. As the plot progresses, August gets to know Lily and comes to love her for her own sake and because of her own wonderful qualities, but I think she's loved her all along.

    ReplyDelete