Monday, March 26, 2007

An unexpected ending

Honestly, I thought The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain, overall was tedious. There were a few parts of the book that caught my interest, however the entirety of the novel was not amusing to me. I was disappointed because when I first commenced to read the novel I thought that I would really enjoy reading the book. However, the book didn’t meet my expectations. After all the trouble that Huck and Jim go through, Jim a runaway slave and Huck escaping from his drunken father, in the end Huck’s father, who was what motivated Huck to run away, was dead, and Jim technically was free. It is written in Miss Watson's will that Jim should be set free. In my opinion the most interesting parts of the book were the chapters that involved Tom Sawyer and a few chapters involving the duke and the king.
posted by Valerye G.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the chapters with Tom, duke and the king were the adventurous ones. The main theme of the book is irony and there is nothing more ironic in the book, than what happens at the end.

    ReplyDelete