Friday, February 9, 2007

Running Away

It seems as though when things go wrong for Huck, he tends to decide to run away. As I first started reading this novel I was really interested in it because I had heard a lot about it, but I was scared that it might not lead to a more interesting book. As I kept reading, the more the drama grew the more I wanted to keep reading. Mark Twain has an interesting way of symbolizing ideas and events throughout Huck’s adventure. Also the imagery he uses has the strength of making you feel as if you were with Huck experiencing his adventure.
The dialect in the book is one of a kind. Its not as if I’ve never read books that don't use perfect sentence structure or organization, but this one has a totally different twist to it. I think that is because of the time that it was written as well as the situation the author had been in during that time. Over all, Huck and his friend Jim and their journey have not yet found a
settlement, because obviously I haven’t finished the book. Although I’m looking forward to finishing it soon, because it’s very inspiring and has a lot to look forward to.
posted by Kosovare X.

1 comment:

  1. I also agree that the dialect is different because its not proper english. Sometimes it's annoying when the words are really scrambled. However I think that it really gives you a feel for the time period (Gilded Age).

    -Katie M.

    ReplyDelete